• 150ml fresh orange juice
• 55ml Cointreau® liqueur (or booze of your choice)
• 1 (175g) pack sponge fingers
• 300ml double cream whipped
• 1 tablespoon orange zest
• 100g butter
• 2 egg yolks
• 125g plain chocolate, melted
• 3 tablespoons grated chocolate
• 3 tablespoons flaked almonds
• In a bowl, combine the orange juice and liqueur. Dip a third of the sponge fingers into the orange mixture then arrange in the base of a trifle dish or glass bowl.
• In a mixing bowl, whisk the cream with the orange zest.
• In another mixing bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Whisk in the egg yolks, melted chocolate and then add half of the whipped cream mixture.
• Dollop half of this mixture on top of the sponges.
• Follow with another layer of juice soaked sponge followed by the other half of the chocolate mixture, ending with the final layer of sponge fingers.
• Spoon the remainder of the cream on top and cover the sponge fingers.
• Sprinkle the top with some grated chocolate and almonds. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
You can add fresh orange segments to the layers to make it even more delish and if you cant find the trifle sponges,