8 pork sausages
4 slices unsmoked back bacon, cut into pieces
1 onion, diced
5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
200g onion and chive cream cheese
120ml chicken stock
salt to taste
60g (2oz) cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
2. Cut sausages into bite-sized pieces. Fry along with the bacon and onion until browned.
3. Cook potato slices in a large pan of salted boiling water for about 10 minutes or until just soft. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
4. Put the cream cheese in a small pan with the stock and heat gently until the cream cheese has melted. Season to taste.
5. Place half of the sausage mixture in a greased ovenproof dish, layer with half of the potato slices and cover with half of the sauce. Repeat the process and sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through and golden.