1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sunflower oil
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
800 g new potatoes, scrubbed
2 large sprigs of fresh mint
125 g asparagus spears
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
150 g mixed baby salad leaves, such as spinach, red chard, and cos and Lollo Rosso lettuces
½ tsp finely grated orange zest
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tbsp walnut oil
salt and pepper
1. Put the garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sunflower oil in a bowl and whisk together. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat both sides, then leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Put the potatoes in a saucepan, pour over boiling water to cover and add the mint sprigs. Cook for 15–20 minutes or until tender. At the same time, put the asparagus in a steamer basket or metal colander, cover and set over the pan of potatoes to steam. Cook thin spears for 4–5 minutes, thick spears 8–10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain the potatoes (discard the mint) and leave until cool enough to handle, then cut into thick slices. Cut the asparagus diagonally into 6 cm (2½ in) lengths.
3. Preheat the grill to moderate. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the grill rack. Grill for about 15 minutes, brushing frequently with the marinade and turning once, until cooked through and the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with the tip of a knife. Leave to rest for 3–4 minutes, then slice.
4. To make the dressing, put the orange zest and juice, mustard and sunflower and walnut oils in a large serving bowl, and whisk together until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer the warm sliced chicken, potatoes and asparagus to the serving bowl and gently toss together to coat with the dressing. Add the mango and salad leaves and toss gently again. Serve immediately, while still warm.