45g sage and onion stuffing mix
1 eating apple
1 small onion
300g minced pork
100g chopped bacon
3 tablespoons apple juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
mixed herbs and black pepper, to taste
1 slice bread
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
2. Make up the stuffing with 115ml boiling water and leave to set.
3. Peel and grate the apple, and finely shred the onion. Place in a large bowl with the mince, bacon, apple juice, egg, salt and herbs.
4. Crumble the bread into the meat mixture, and mix with your hands until well combined.
5. Spoon half the mixture into a small greased loaf tin. Level the top and make a slight indentation running lengthways along the middle.
6. Roll the stuffing into a long sausage shape and place along the indentation. Top with the remaining meat mixture and level the top.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Drain off any excess fat before slicing and serving with potatoes, veg and gravy.