Pork Chops with Fresh Tomato, Onion, Garlic and Feta
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
• 4 pork chops, 2.5cm thick
• salt to taste
• black pepper to taste
• 1/2 punnet red cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 punnet yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
• 3 cloves garlic, diced
• 1 tablespoon dried basil
• 2 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• 100g feta cheese, crumbled
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in the pan. Season pork chops with salt and pepper, and place in the pan. Cook to desired doneness. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Heat remaining oil in the pan. Return onions to pan, and stir in tomatoes, garlic and basil. Cook and stir about 3 minutes, until tomatoes are tender. Mix in balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Top chops with the onion and tomato mixture, and sprinkle with feta cheese to serve.