Bay Radio is proud to team up with the Tartan Army Children’s Charity and to introduce them to the local children’s charity EMAUS. This collaboration has led to a massive 17,000 Euro donation being given to EMAUS.
On October 11th 2011 Spain plays host to The Scotland National football team in Alicante. The Tartan Army are well known the world over for travelling in their thousands, displaying good behaviour and having fun with the locals. They have won many supporters awards across Europe.
As well as their fun loving antics The Tartan Army are well known for their charitable work. The Tartan Army Children’s Charity, (TACC) are a registered charity that is run and supported by Scotland fans. They donate money to local children’s charities whenever Scotland plays in an area. While in Alicante they will be donating £15000 (approx EUR17,000) to EMAUS to:
1. Supply milk and nappies to the baby unit
2. Provide a playground for the Rellu house
3. Provide a football pitch at the main Altea house
Fans will also be attending a large party with the children from EMAUS on 10th October, the day before the game for singing, dancing and a whole barrel of laughs!
Speaking ahead of the Donation Alistair Hunter a TACC spokesperson said: “We are delighted to be working with EMAUS, they are providing excellent services to local, vulnerable people and we are very happy to be able to assist the children they support so they can enjoy play and recreation despite having personal difficulties. All children should be able to play and have fun and we are very proud to play a small part of that with the EMAUS children”
– Tartan Army Children’s Charity is a registered Scottish charity established and managed by Scottish football supporters in their spare time.
– Their aim is to try to bring some happiness to disadvantaged children wherever Scotland play, home or away.
– Since 2006, TACC HAS RAISED OVER £500,000 for disadvantaged children in Ukraine, Georgia, Macedonia, South Africa, Ireland, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Ukraine and Scotland.
– TACC splits its donations 50/50 between Scotland and overseas.
– In Scotland their “MY FIRST SCOTLAND MATCH” programme takes disadvantaged children to Hamdpen to watch Scotland play, children whose circumstances mean they would never normally
get this type of opportunity. They also organise an ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PRESENT APPEAL and WINTER COATS program for disadvantaged children.TACC FC helps neglected Scottish children by
giving them a game of football and a hot meal on Friday evenings and they provide respite care for disadvantaged young people and their families.
– Overseas donations have included play grounds, refurbishment programs for orphanages, life saving medical equipment and baby incubators, to therapy costs and play equipment.