Spain’s director of health emergencies, Fernando Simon, replied to questions from Spanish newssite for the elderly 65ymas.com.
Fernando Simon has said a lockdown of over-70s could be a ‘useful’ measure to reduce COVID-19 infections.
During a televised press briefing last week Thursday, the health expert said such a lockdown could be used in place of a full ‘100% lockdown’.
Simon however reminded a journalist from 65ymas.com – who asked the question – that Spain does want to confine people at home again.
He said current measures in place are very ‘strict’ and the government is seeing positive feedback indicating they can flatten the curve.
Watch a snippet from the press briefing last Thursday below (BayRadio News has put English subtitles on the video for you).
Link to full 50-minute briefing here.