From mask outside to hiring retired health workers, the 9 measures of the Government against the sixth wave
The President of the Government, Pedro Sánchez, opened on Wednesday the Conference of Presidents to analyze what measures to take in the face of the advance of the sixth wave of coronavirus.
The Chief Executive had been the first to take the floor, and during his speech he had announced nine measures to deal with the increase in contagion and the expansion of the omicron variant.
- Intensification and acceleration of the vaccination process.
The following objectives are set:
- 80% of the population aged 60-69 vaccinated with third dose before the end of the year
- 80% of those aged 50-59 during the week of 24 January
- 80% of 40-49 year olds in the first week of March
- 70% for the first paediatric dose in the week of 7 February
- 70% for the second paediatric dose in the week of 19 April
Reinforcement of the devices with vaccination equipment of the Armed Forces and the provision of hospitals of the Military Health Network.
- The use of masks in exteriors is compulsory.
- Test. Temporary authorisations will be issued to allow the sale in pharmacies of certain antigen tests for professional use to be available to the entire population.
- Action plan for primary and community care.
Increase the number of health professionals available and improve their working conditions, reducing the temporality to below 8%.
The PGE will allocate EUR 292 million to this plan, most of which will be transferred to the Autonomous Communities.
- Strengthening of Human Resources.
Recruitment of retired and pre-retired health personnel and qualification for the recruitment of professionals with specialist qualifications obtained in non-EU Member States.
- Quarantines. People who have had direct contact with an infected person should not be quarantined if vaccinated on a full regimen.
- Covid passport.
From 1 February 2022, within the COVID digital green certificate, known as Covid passport, the period of validity of the vaccination will be 9 months from the date of the last dose administration.
- Call for Extraordinary Council of Ministers for today to approve Royal Decree Law of the Ministry of Health.
- Regular meetings of the Conference of Presidents during this sixth wave.