menu Home
Spanish News

Miraculous Escape: Man Narrowly Avoids Death as Tumble Dryer Explodes in Laundrette Moments After Leaving

BayRadio | April 4, 2023

A man’s close encounter with death at a Spanish laundrette has recently made headlines. When a man had walked out of the laundrette only seconds before one of its tumble dryers exploded in a ball of fire. The CCTV footage of the incident showed that he had barely closed the door behind him before the explosion happened.

The footage of the incident is extraordinary, capturing the moment when the ball of fire erupts from the laundrette, sending debris flying across the premises. The explosion was so intense that it smashed all the windows and even ripped the front door off its hinges, causing other damages to the facade. It’s miraculous that the man who had just walked out of the laundrette managed to avoid being caught up in the explosion.

Reports suggest that the cause of the explosion was an overheating cigarette lighter that had been left inside a trouser pocket. The overheating lighter had ignited some flammable fuel in the pocket, which then caused the explosion.

Fortunately, no one else was inside the laundrette at the time of the explosion, and the man who had just left was unharmed. The incident has been a cause of concern for many people who use laundrettes or are in the habit of carrying flammable materials around in their pockets.

It’s essential to be aware of the risks that flammable materials can pose and to dispose of them correctly. It’s also essential to follow safety guidelines when using tumble dryers, as they can also pose a fire hazard if not used correctly.

Following the incident, the firefighters who responded to the scene reported that they had to tear down the damaged facade of the laundrette due to the risk of collapse. A witness who lives nearby told a local paper that they had heard a loud noise but didn’t realize it was an explosion until the sirens of the fire engines began to sound.

In conclusion, the incident serves as a reminder of the importance of safety and caution when dealing with flammable materials. It’s a fortunate thing that no one was hurt during the explosion, and it highlights the need for everyone to be vigilant and take appropriate precautions to ensure that such incidents do not occur again in the future.

You can find the full footage here:

Written by BayRadio

  • Listen Live


  • Download BayRadio APP